Have you got the scooper power?
Each year The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation raise vital funds through the legendary EKKA Strawberry Sunday Stalls. With the help generous volunteers, we sell enough EKKA Strawberry Sundaes to power thousands of hours of medical research to tackle some of Australia’s most debilitating chronic illnesses - right here at The Prince Charles Hospital.
At last year's EKKA we had a goal to sell enough EKKA Strawberry Sundaes to support 4,000 hours of research - with an amazing effort from all of our volunteers we were able to raise 3,800 of research hours!
This year we are hoping, with your help, we will reach and surpass our 4,000 hour goal!
To do this we will need:
The EKKA is synonymous with Strawberry Sundaes, it’s a Queensland institution!
When you volunteer at the TPCH Foundation EKKA Strawberry Sundae Stall you will not only receive FREE ENTRY into the EKKA on the day of your volunteering AND a free Strawberry Sundae! You will be powering life-saving research at The Prince Charles Hospital – research that has helped to save the lives of people like Rebecca Craven – You can see Bec’s remarkable story here
So, how can you get involved?
Well, we still require over 600 volunteers to assist us with shifts from 4:45pm – 10pm on each day of the EKKA.
Friday 11th August – Sunday 20th August
RNA, Brisbane Showgrounds
600 Gregory Terrace
Bowen Hills, QLD 4006
It is also possible to register a team for this event so please email us in order to sign up.
We really need your help and appreciate your support!
The annual Cycle of Giving fundraising ride is on March 5th 2017, and this year our goal is to raise $200,000. Register now to ride 100km, 65km or 25km on one of the most beautiful bike rides through South East Queensland, with starting locations from Landsborough, Caboolture and Redcliffe.
There are 1300 Australians on the waiting list for a new organ, but there aren’t enough donated organs to give these deserving people a second chance at life. The key to closing this gap is through research; research right here at The Prince Charles Hospital. Register today to get involved and help power the next important discovery.
On Sunday March 5th 2017, more than 1000 riders will pedal to power medical discoveries. Riders will cycle 100, 65 or 25 kilometres all finishing at The Prince Charles Hospital in Chermside, and we will need over 100 volunteers to make sure they get there safely. We need you to help out!
Volunteers will be needed to:
• Set up & pack down at the three starting locations: Landsborough, Caboolture and Redcliffe
• Set up & pack down at the finish line at The Prince Charles Hospital in Chermside
• Cyclist Shepherds/Human Navmans. You’ll provide direction and encouragement to the riders on the route as a road marshal.
• Refreshment Specialists. Ensure our cyclists get their beverages and snacks in a timely manner at start and finish lines!
Are you the right fit for the job?
• You’re healthy. Our volunteers (especially at set up locations) will need to be able to help lift and carry heavy items
• You’re fine on your feet. Road marshals will be stationed on the route for up to five hours – we’ll provide refreshments and sun care (and you’re welcome to bring chairs), but it’s important you’ll be fine on the route for an extended period of time!
• You’re upbeat and ready to encourage our riders! A huge part of the role is helping our cyclists to have a great day and feel inspired to keep pedalling (even up those huge hills)
If this sounds like you and you have a few spare hours on Sunday March 5th 2017 to help make the Cycle of Giving our best event yet, head here to register.